Saturday, August 16, 2014

Yesterday I learned that I'm to become a grandfather!  In January, my son (Brad) and his wife (Laura) are expecting the arrival of a baby girl.
This incredible news came to me via a text message as our medical boat passed a small town with a cell tower on the Rio Solimoes.  It was followed by a tremendous celebration involving our entire team of 18 crazy and wonderful Brazilians.  Of course, I led the celebration with very tearful joy.
 
An ordinary afternoon vista in the Amazon.  This photo followed a day of good, hard work.





Dr. Regina, talking to patients at the end of the day.


The "alpha girls": Dani, Priscyla, Paula, Regina.


Team Ferocious, but nobody fears them.  In Ouro Verde, where
I hope to help build a church in Feb 2015.

Amazon sunrise.

Amazon sunset

The very best part of Brazil, the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment